Charles University Prague suggests the following subject areas and specific topics for doctorate research:
- Essays on traffic law enforcement
- The effects of alternative criminal procedures
- Punishment of building code violations
- What role do smart contracts play in contract design?
- How can algorithmic decision-making lead to bias and how can norm design be used to alleviate such potential biases?
- Heterogeneity in judicial decisions and algorithmic support of criminal justice.
- Gender inequality in judicial decisions (child custody, criminal punishment).
- Experimental testing of equal access to legal advice.
- Empirical analysis of sentencing principles
- Development of penal policies in Central and Eastern Europe